Tuesday, June 24, 2008

THE gokart

There is a joke in our family. Whenever we talk about the good 'ol days, my brother Marc and I reminisce about our days building and driving our gokarts all over the country. This is usually when my mean old brother-in-law Chris claims that our gokarts are mythical figments of our imagination and that he has never once seen them in working/riding condition. Well, in an effort to bring the family together, Marc and I (with, well... alot of help from Dad) have ventured out to set things right... to prove our manhood by building the greatest gokart ever (or at least one that runs)! It was actually Chris' idea, but that is beside the point. Marc and I set out on a perilous adventure, tasked with this great goal!!! And now, BEHOLD, the hour draweth nigh... it is almost complete. I, with bravery beyond compare, have ridden the monster of a gokart... armed with only an outstretched arm to awaken the beast and not one disk break to ease her rage.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Meli n Pat said...

My breath doth leave me! I feel the swelling of my heart with pride as a trickle escapes from the corner of my eye. "Yes," I say to everyone, "those are my kin!" I anxiously await the much too distant future when I, too, can witness in person the spectacular accomplishment seen herein.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I'm sorry Becky. I really am.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Just call me doubting Chris. I will not believe that such machine exists until I'm able to ride the beast for myself. I'm sure by that point some repair will need to be made by then. So then I'll have to listen to you and Marc say "we'll have it running again by Christmas." Just kidding!! I can't wait to ride it. I'm glad I was able to motivate you to action.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home